Here is information about our winter workshop, December 27-29, 2020.
We're still limited by the pandemic, so we won't be able to have a face-to-face workshop this year. We're disappointed, but of course we need to be responsible and keep everyone safe.
Our summer online workshop was a great success, so once again we're offering a 3-day online Alexander Technique workshop that we hope you'll want to come to. We'll be working on the Zoom platform, so all you need is a computer, tablet, or smart phone and a place where you can be relatively comfortable and undisturbed for a few hours Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.
We earnestly hope that things will have returned to something like normal so that we can return to our usual face-to-face workshop in Columbus in 2021!
About the workshop
The Three-Day Workshop
This three-day intensive course is for teachers and teacher trainees in the Alexander Technique, as well as those who have attended at least 5 previous workshops. It provides the opportunity to study with teachers trained in a variety of schools. The workshop is limited to a maximum of 24 students, so make sure to apply soon!
• 4 to 1 maximum student/faculty ratio
• Individual lessons and classes
• Small groups applying the Technique to particular areas of interest: daily activities, voice, music, theater, dance, sports
A Faculty on the Cutting Edge of the Developing Alexander Technique
• Body Mapping taught by its originator and a faculty deeply versed in its use in the Alexander Technique
• Application of the technique to performance: we have long experience in music, theater, and dance
• Exploring the interaction of Alexander with breathing, yoga, and energy work
Location and schedule
LocationOnline with Zoom
(Details subject to change)
The course will be offered on the Zoom platform. We'll meet Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday between 9 am and 1 pm PST; you can figure out the time adjustment for where you'll be. One of the advantages of the current situation is that wherever you are you'll be able to attend without the expense of transportation and lodging. Even people living in Europe and Japan may be able to join us, time zones permitting, (though the only course language will be English).
The schedule will include classes and private lessons. We will be working with activities such as music, voice, theater, yoga, etc.; body-mapping; Dart procedures; various energy-focused practices such as chi-gong and the Medicine Wheel. We will meet both as a whole group and in smaller break-out rooms.
The schedule is arranged so that every participant will have plenty of opportunities to work with each of the teachers.
Bill teaches classes at Eastern Washington University and Holy Names Music Center in Spokane, WA, and maintains a vigorous private teaching practice as well. He is a teaching member, sponsor, and board member of ATI and a former teaching member of AmSAT. He has taught Alexander throughout the US and in Japan, Taiwan, Switzerland, Chile, Italy, and Hungary. He is President of Alexander Workshops, LLC, and Workshop Coordinator. He is a co-director of the teacher training program IMAT.
Donna has studied the Alexander Technique since 1977 with the Conables and Marjorie Barstow. She graduated from The Alexander Foundation in 1990 and maintains an active private practice in Columbus, OH. She teaches an ongoing Alexander class for persons with Parkinson's Disease, and is on the faculty of the Alexander Workshops Summer Workshop in Spokane.
Since 1990 she has studied energy healing with James Kepner, Carol DeSanto, and Rosalyn Bruyere and is certified at the Advanced Practitioner Level in Nervous System Energy Work. She teaches classes on anatomy for energy healers, and beginning techniques and skills for people interested in energy work. Her focus now is on exploring the complementary use of energy skills with the Alexander Technique to lead students to an expanded experience of the whole self. She is a teaching member of ATI.
TUITION: $300. If you have special circumstances, you may discuss a reduction with Bill; bear in mind that we, too, are experiencing the same sort of special circumstances....
DEPOSIT of $150 will guarantee a place in the course until December 5, when the balance is due.
REFUND POLICY: Full refunds are made up to one month before the course. In case of cancellations received after December 5, the deposit is non-refundable. There will be no refunds after the workshop begins.
You may pay from this website by going to our PayPal/Credit Card page, by sending a check to Alexander Workshops, LLC, 815 Villard St., Cheney, WA 99004, or by going to PayPal.me/AlexanderWorkshops on your browser. If you have Square Cash, you can make a payment to $AWLLC there.
For Teachers and Trainees
For Teachers and Trainees
• Attendance at the course will count towards your continuing education requirements.
• Our course is organized into "home groups" and "rotating groups." The home groups are formed of people of like experience and meet together every day. We will explore advanced topics in the Alexander Technique with particular attention to teaching both live and online.
• Bill, Donna, Dale, and Shawn have spent a lot of time in recent years exploring energy work and its relationship with the Alexander Technique, and all but Shawn are Advanced Practitioners of Nervous System Energy Work. Donna is also trained in Reiki. We offer special workshops for teachers in this field, and this is a great opportunity to find out what our discoveries have to offer you. This perspective has led us to a radical new understanding of Alexander's discoveries, clarifying many areas of the Technique that have previously been problematic, confusing, and mystifying.
We hope to see you in December!